- Players should be suitably clothed for all coaching sessions and matches – shorts / skirt / skort / tracksuit trousers + suitable shirt / sweatshirt / fleece.
- Club kit is available to purchase – please see the kit page for all information.
- Shin guards are essential and all players are strongly advised to wear a mouth guard.
- Trainers, even if not specially designed for astroturf should have a good grip and laces should be tied up sufficiently tightly so as to support the foot and help get a good grip on the pitch.
- Football boots or any other studded boots may not be worn. Anyone with long hair should wear it in such a way as to keep it off their face (e.g. bandana / ponytail).
- Don’t bring valuables – but if you have to, make sure you give it in and collect it at the end.
- A limited number of sticks are available to borrow, but you should bring your own stick if you have one. We are happy to advise as to what weight and length of stick is suitable.
- Arrangements should be made for your son / daughter to travel to and from training sessions and matches.
- We appreciate if players can arrive promptly and are collected promptly at the end of each session if they are not making their own way home.
- If you are going to be late picking up your son / daughter please contact one of the coaches that are present at the session.
- “Home” matches may be played at Dulwich College, JAGS or at Alleyn’s.
- Matches take place on Sundays for all age groups throughout the season.
- We have to rely on parents to assist with transport to “away” matches and we would be most grateful if parents would let us know when they are willing to assist with transport from time to time.
- The club is presently applying for accreditation with Sport England’s Clubmark, which is awarded to clubs by England Hockey when the club is able to demonstrate that it meets the criteria with regard to playing programme, child protection, sports equity and ethics and club management.
- Clubmark is an acknowledgement that we take these issues seriously and that we are striving to provide a high quality and welcoming environment for young participants in hockey.